The plan today was to share a quick little ditty of a pasta recipe. Something I threw together for lunch this week that was super tasty. But as I sat down to type it up, it didn’t feel quite right. As much as I want to get back into regular posting mode, your support for my new book has been exceptional, and kind, and – I don’t know how else to say it – powerful. Last Tuesday, I looked incredulously at my laptop when Super Natural Every Day cracked the top #50 on Amazon. It has somehow gone on to hover around the #40 mark for the remainder of the week. Then there was the packed turnout at the book signing – to all of you who came out on a weeknight, thank you. And now #6 on the (!?!) New York Times Bestseller list.
The last week has definitely felt great, but also very “me, me, me” – So I thought it might be a great time to turn the table a bit and do a favorites list. I’ll type up the pasta for the next go-round, but in the meantime, it just feels good to be able to link back to other people, projects, and things I’m excited about. Share a little link love, you know? It has been a while. I hope you enjoy:
– For when I someday set off to India.
– For when you need a laugh. Especially the part about learning to speak European.
– Dorie’s Beggars Linguine
– Lunch lady series on Oh, Joy!
– This nail polish.
– Cute behind-the-scenes J.Crew goes to Italy video.
– This photo Wayne took of his Grandma.
– Camelias are in bloom everywhere, and I love them. I shot the lead photo up in Point Reyes last week.
– Currently, my favorite deodorant. Wild Rose. Update: my link triggered a reader email alert to this, then Weleda responded in the comments. I think at some point I’ll try to tackle a dedicated post about this topic.
Although, now I’m bummed out. One of you just pointed this out to me.
– This video shot by photojournalist Steve Gong in North Korea.
– Harvey Faircloth inspiration board.
– We cooked from Moro East and The Essential New York Times Cookbook early in the year, and now we’ve moved on to Rose Bakery – love discovering all sorts of great new recipes and flavor combinations. Next up: Nigel Slater’s Tender V.1 for May/June.
– And for those of you looking for a bit of spring recipe inspiration. Have at it.
And just a last little reminder. I’ll be doing one more SF Bay Area signing/potluck this Saturday, April 16, in Berkeley: details here.